Tow Truck Driver Job Responsibilities
A tow truck driver is a person who operates a tow truck in order to remove vehicles that have been abandoned on the road or broke down due to a technical snag. The tow truck drivers may need to handle a variety of trucks based on the requirement. The drivers may also be called in the case of a flat tire or for jump-starting a vehicle.
Tow Truck Driver Job Responsibilities:
- The tow truck driver is responsible for maintaining communication with the dispatcher.
- The driver is also responsible to get to the place where the vehicle needs to be towed and in getting the vehicle to the nearest service station.
- The driver needs to make sure that the vehicle is properly attached to the tow truck.
- The driver needs to make use of appropriate tools in attaching the vehicle based on the need.
- The tow truck driver also needs to keep communicating with the customer and help in diagnosing the issue.
- The tow truck driver is also responsible for performing minor repairs on the vehicle attached.
- The driver is responsible for making reports on the services rendered and also maintain track of payments received.
- The tow truck driver is responsible for attaching steering lock and lights on the vehicle that is disabled.
- The tow truck driver is responsible for removing or cutting any part of the vehicle that is involved in an accident.
- The drivers are responsible for the towing of vehicles even after work hours in the event of bad weather or other calamities.
- The driver is responsible for maintaining a record of safe driving to ensure that his licensure stays valid.
- The driver is also responsible for keeping the truck clean and well maintained.
- The driver is also required to follow all safety measures and traffic laws.
Category: Transportation Job Responsibilities