Information Security Officer Job Responsibilities
In today’s technology driven world, information is knowledge, therefore information security is more important than physical security, and information of a company is more valuable than the movable and immovable property. This security needs much more intelligence and smartness, because, the ways in which one can steal information is also varied. Thus role of an information security officer becomes very important in today’s world and various responsibilities of a person working at this position are as follows:
Information security officer job responsibilities
- Monitoring servers as an information security officer: the responsibility starts from monitoring individual stand alone systems and servers, which include the entry level information, the transactions and the exit level information.
- Clean up of desktops and monitoring: Information security officer should also concentrate on the other type of intrusions like viruses which might enter the system or the network, and carry out periodic cleaning of the systems.
- Following protocol: Information security officer is expected to follow the protocol meticulously with regard to the usage and transfer of data and communication.
- Monitoring hackers: Information security officer should be aware and cautious of all type of hackers, who might consciously or consciously tread the path or the network while using their system, and accordingly protect the system and the process.
- Conducting internal audit: information security officer should use his team and periodically conduct internal audit of all the information and report any deviance from the norm.
- Frequent inspections: Information security officer without any hesitation should interfere and inspect the system and network, and if need be ethically hack to check for the leakage of information and report the same.
- Risk Management; Information security officer should apprise the higher-ups of any possible risk and also should find ways to reduce plausible risks by checking and updating the fire walls.
- Management Review meeting: Information security officer should take notes, generate reports and make it available during the management review meetings.
Category: Security Job Responsibilities