Transport Manager Job Responsibilities
A transport manager is an individual who works with any agency that manages transportation of goods or automobiles or one who works in the transport department of some particular firm or company. The job of a transport manager not only concerns the effective management of transport tools but also of the products being carried as well as security of the manpower associated with the task.
One needs to have completed graduation in some related field of study and specialized in the area of Transportation Management, as per the National qualification standards of CPC, and must have acquired a genuine licensure from some registered State body.
Transport Manager Job Responsibilities:
- A transport manager is responsible for monitoring the goods to be transported or services to be sent through transportation to specific destinations.
- A transport manager is also responsible for checking the state and condition of the respective transport and all paths it is to move through. Any faults in the vehicle or the medium of transportation must be recognized by the manager and immediately reported to respective authorities and eliminated at the earliest.
- Since the safety of the transport as well as of the involved human beings depends largely on the transport manager, it is his/her responsibility to conduct as many security checks as required to ensure complete well-being of all parties involved.
- A transport manager needs to execute his responsibility of designing strategies for quality transportation that would guarantee maximum service and profits at minimum expenditure, without compromising with customer or employee satisfaction.
- A transport manager is always responsible for overlooking matters of registration of the transport and its compliance with the set standards and legislations of the government. No transport ever has the right to break strictures and protocols and it is a compulsory duty of the transport manager to abide by the same.
- A transport manager must consider himself responsible for the condition of workers and must communicate with them regularly to be well-versed with their demands, conditions, and grievances and hence connect at an emotional level as well that would help earn their trust and respect.
Category: Technician Job Responsibilities