Surgical Technologists Job Responsibilities
A surgical technologist is a professional medical healthcare individual who assists the surgeons in surgical operations. Their main job is to assist and manage the preparations for the surgery such as preparing the operating theatre, preparing the patient for the surgery, supplying the equipments etc. In other words their key role is to create a safe operating environment for the patient, which runs efficiently for the doctors and the nurses. A few of the responsibilities of the surgical technologist are given below.
Surgical Technologist Job Responsibilities
- It is the responsibility of a surgical technologist to organise the equipment and supplies (such as surgical tools etc.) in the operating room at the respective medical institution.
- It is the responsibility of the surgical technologist to set up the operating table for the operating surgeon. He/ she have to anticipate what the surgeon might need during the procedure and accordingly prepare the sterile table.
- The surgical technologist is responsible for ensure the supply of surgical gowns etc. is as per requirement and sanitation standards.
- It is the responsibility of the surgical technologist to help the doctors and nurses properly don their surgical gowns and gloves.
- It is the responsibility of the surgical technologist to ensure the supply of sterile dressings.
- The surgical technologist is responsible to manage all the surgical instruments before and after the surgery.
- It is the responsibility of the surgical technologist to make sure that all the surgical instruments are in the best possible working condition.
- The surgical technologist is responsible for handing the surgeon with the desired instrument during the surgical operation.
- The surgical technologist is responsible for cleaning the operating room and all the instruments used, after the operation has been completed.
- It is the responsibility of the surgical technologist to interview the patient before and after the procedures.
Category: Health Care Job Responsibilities