Pharmacy Intern Job Responsibilities
Pharmacy interns are pre-graduate who are pursuing the job as a trainee to earn experience working as a college regime under the supervision of the pharmacist. The job of the intern is regarded as the lowest position in the chain of authority. He is responsible for doing all the jobs the pharmacist would do in routine. The duration of the internship differs from college to college. The main purpose of working at this position is to acquire all the practical knowledge and training which is important to enter into the field of pharmacy and acquire the certificate of pharmacist. They should have good knowledge about the pharmaceutical terms.
Pharmacy intern job responsibilities
- The pharmacy intern is responsible for dispensing prescriptions, measuring doses, weighing compound ingredients, ingredients and processes the medicines in the prescription.
- It is the duty of the intern to answer the questions of the customers regarding the dose and dispensing of the medicines or other doubts relating to the prescription.
- The intern should read and interpret the prescription and enter the details into the system and prepare the records for assessment by the pharmacist.
- It is the responsibility of the intern to maintain proper stock level of the medicines and equipments and to order more medications if the stock level is low.
- It is the duty of the intern to give appropriate advice about the medicines to the customers.
- The intern is responsible to inform the prescription holder about the possible reactions of the medicine prescribed.
- The intern may have to communicate with the doctors, physicians, hospitals and insurance companies therefore proper records should be maintained.
- The pharmacy intern is accountable for the timely distribution of the medicines in hospitals, nursing homes, residence or any other place from where the order is placed.
Category: Pharmaceutical Job Responsibilities