College Instructor Job Responsibilities
A college instructor is a teacher who imparts education to college students and is employed in a college to teach one or more course or subject.
Any person who is employed as a college instructor must have pursued atleast a bachelor’s degree and should also possess a teaching diploma or degree. There are many tasks which a college instructor has to perform and their major job responsibilities have been given below for your reference.
College instructor job responsibilities
- A college instructor is responsible for preparing notes for a class and also researching on the topics to be taught.
- It is the job responsibility of a college instructor to deliver lectures, solve doubts and take tutorial sessions for the college students.
- A college instructor is also responsible for take part in staff meetings and giving his/her viewpoint about changes in teaching methods.
- A college instructor is responsible for holding class discussions, giving out assignments, conducting tests and examinations and also grading the students.
- Any person who is working as a college instructor is also responsible for making test papers, checking test papers, taking attendance and marking students for their class performance and discipline.
- A college instructor is responsible for helping out students who are weak as compared to the other students by conducting extra study sessions.
- Maintaining discipline and order in the class is also one of the major job responsibilities of a college instructor.
- Preparing marksheets and assignment papers is also a part of the work profile of a college instructor.
- Participating in college festivals, events and seminars is also a responsibility of a person who is employed at the position of a college instructor.
- To constantly update themselves with latest in their field or area of expertise can also be considered as a job responsibility of all those who are college instructors by profession.
Category: Trainee Job Responsibilities