Chief Video Engineer Job Responsibilities
A chief video engineer or a video technician is an employee of a TV company or a satellite programming company who reports to the operations manager and is responsible for the reception and distribution of off air and satellite programming to distribution units and member companies. This job requires the candidate to have the necessary skills and knowledge of video engineering and must be capable to perform a variety of job responsibilities. The following are the major job responsibilities of a chief video engineer.
Chief Video Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- A chief video engineer is responsible for supporting as well as assisting the operations manager.
- Any person at the job position of a chief video engineer is also responsible for monitoring the video and audio quality of the services delivered.
- A chief video engineer is responsible for the supervision of the tasks performed by all the video engineers and managing the group with efficiency and exceptional managerial skills.
- A chief video engineer is also responsible for providing technical leadership for the network platforms
- A chief video engineer must also make schedules for routine maintenance programs.
- A chief video engineer is responsible for giving orders during times of problems and must apply his skills and knowledge for troubleshooting.
- A chief video engineer is also responsible for documenting and maintaining records and reports of all the experiments conducted.
- Any person at this job position is also required to provide training to new video engineers so as to teach them about the major tasks.
Category: Telecom Job Responsibilities